Designer Level 3 (Odessa)
- Has a working knowledge of vessels and understands their
operation as well as all procedures relating to flow of work in the Project
Design department without supervision.
- Be computer literate and have the mental ability to
operate CAD computer software to draw and revise the following items with
speed and accuracy: house details, contactors, heat exchangers, treaters,
reconcentrators, filter/separators, dehydration units, HSU units, major
- Have the mental ability to alter work activities to meet
the demands of new situations and make every effort to perform tasks within
the allotted time.
- Have the mental skill to read and understand Sivalls
catalog of standard equipment, the drafting file system, and the material
- Be capable or reading blueprints, customer
specifications, A.S.M.E. (or other applicable) code regulation books,
Sivalls technical manuals, and data sheets regularly, to insure the product
is of quality, reliability and safety.
- Have the mental ability to propose head, shell, skirt,
base plate thickness, weld, and skid and nozzle calculations, without
supervision, utilizing mathematical sizing programs from the computer.
- Operate various equipment, including but not limited to,
a personal computer, mainframe computer, printer, computer mouse, copier,
print machine, calculator, and facsimile. Have knowledge of MS Office
programs and email systems.
- Put together job orders; including the paint sheets,
non-destructive testing, stress relief forms and compiling a bill of
materials before the job order goes to the shop.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Lead
Designer, and/or the Manager of Project Design (e.g. Print and file
drawings, lift and carry materials in excess of 30 pounds daily, clean and
maintain machines, etc.).
- Begin to learn the job duties of a Lead Designer and
provide assistance to designers Level 2, 3, and trainee as to procedures.
- Make material layouts on disk to be utilized by the
Layout Department for the cutting torch and plasma cutter to speed up shop
You can either fax your
application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it off
at the main Odessa Office.