Designer Level 2 (Odessa)
- Have a desire to learn more about the operation of each type of
equipment he is to design and draw.
- Be computer literate and have the mental ability to operate CAD computer
system software to draw and revise the following items with speed and
accuracy: sales drawings, fireboxes, ladders, platforms, trays, heaters,
separators, coils, minor assemblies, et cetera.
- Operate various equipment, including but not limited to, a personal
computer, mainframe computer, printer computer mouse, copier, print machine,
calculator, and facsimile. Have knowledge of MS Office programs and email
- Have the mental skill to read and understand Sivalls catalog of standard
equipment, the drafting file system, and the material number directory.
- Be capable of reading blueprints, customer specifications, A.S.M.E. (or
other applicable) code regulation books, Sivalls technical manuals and data
sheets to insure the product is of quality, reliability and safety.
- Have the mental ability to propose head, shell, skirt, base plate
thickness, weld, and skid and nozzle calculations, with limited supervision,
utilizing mathematical sizing programs from the computer.
- Draw patterns to be utilized by the Layout department for their cutting
torch, to speed up shop operations.
- Put together job orders; including the paint sheets, non-destructive
testing, stress relief forms and compiling a bill of materials before the
job order goes to the shop.
- Have the mental ability to alter work activities to meet the demands of
new situations and make every effort to perform tasks within the allotted
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Lead Designer and/or the
Manager of Project Design (e.g. print and file drawings, lift and carry
materials in excess of 30 pounds daily, clean and maintain machines, et
- Begin to learn the job duties of Designer Level 1.
You can either fax your
application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it off
at the main Odessa Office.