Designer Level 1 (Odessa)
- Has a working knowledge of vessels and understands their operation as
well as all procedures relating to flow of work in the Project Design
department without supervision.
- Be computer literate and have the mental ability to operate CAD computer
software to draw and revise the following items with speed and accuracy:
house details, contactors, heat exchangers, treaters, reconcentrators,
filter/separators, dehydration units, HSU units, major assemblies, etc.
- Have the mental capability to alter work activities to meet the demands
of new situations and make every effort to perform tasks within the allotted
- Have the mental skill to read and understand Sivalls catalog of standard
equipment, the drafting file system, and the material number directory.
- Be capable of reading blueprints, customer specifications, A.S.M.E. (or
other applicable) code regulation books, Sivalls technical manuals, and data
sheets regularly, to insure the product is of quality, reliability and
- Have the mental ability to propose head, shell, skirt, base plate
thickness, weld, and skid and nozzle calculations, without supervision,
utilizing mathematical sizing programs from the computer.
- Operate various equipment, including but not limited to, a personal
computer, mainframe computer, printer, computer mouse, copier, print
machine, calculator, and facsimile. Have knowledge of MS Office programs and
- Put together job orders; including the paint sheets, non-destructive
testing, stress relief forms and compiling a bill of materials before the
job order goes to the shop.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Lead Designer, and/or the
Manager of Project Design (e.g. Print and file drawings, lift and carry
materials in excess of 30 pounds daily, clean and maintain machines, etc.).
- Begin to learn the job duties of a Lead Designer and provide assistance
to designers Level 2, 3, and trainee as to procedures.
- Make material layouts on disk to be utilized by the Layout Department
for the cutting torch and plasma cutter to speed up shop operations.
You can either fax your
application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it off
at the main Odessa Office.