* Denotes essential functions of the job description.
- *Have the mental ability to read blueprints or shop drawings to ascertain
the list of parts necessary for fabrication.
- *Exercise exceptional organizational skills as a means to layout the job
- *Be able to operate all machines in the Layout department, including but
not limited to, crane, shear, punch, hydraulic break press, radiograph
torch, manual plate roll, angle roll, plate grabs, MIG welder, grinder, et
- *Have the mental ability to use basic math skills and measuring skills to
match job order dimensions to the actual plate metal to be used in the
design and layout.
- *Be capable of performing the tasks assigned to the Layout department
continuously for a minimum of 8 hours daily, without any back support.
- *Physically transport the sheared parts to specific machines where the
work is to be preformed (e.g. pieces to be punched go to Hydraulic punch,
pieces to be bent go to break press, pieces to be cut go to radiograph
torch, pieces to be rolled go to the rollers, et cetera; and return the
unused plate portions to the plate rack or the yard).
- *Assign the job order number, the department to process the work, and a
heat stamp if necessary, to the various materials.
- *Have the physical ability to lift and carry plate metal and various
other materials up to 100 pounds.
- Have the mental ability to compare job order requisitions to inventory
in stock and to utilize a bill of material as a means to advise the
Warehouse Foreman of any shortages.
- Be able to perform a 3G A.S.M.E. code weld in order to tack a rolled
vessel shell together.
You can either fax your
application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it off
at the main Odessa Office.