* Denotes essential functions of the job description.
- *Exercise good organizational skills as a means to prepare for the
fabrication and installation of all panel assemblies and necessary wiring.
- *Have the mental ability to read electrical blueprints, flow sheets and
assembly instructions readily in order to compile a list of necessary parts,
as well as, perform assembly and wiring of programmable logic controllers,
motor control, and burner management panels.
- *Have the mental ability to use basic math skills and measuring skills to
match job order dimensions to the panel layout, including proper terminal
placement and efficient wire usage in panel production.
- *Be skilled in the operation of machines in automation department, to
include but not limited to; threading machine, drill press, hand drill,
cutoff saw, bench grinder and forklift (with forklift certification
- *Have the ability to read basic electrical schematics and assemble
electrical control panels, circuits and devices
(i.e. PLC panels, motor control panels etc.).
- *Have the physical ability to lift and carry metal/explosion-proof
enclosures, metal back plates, and various other materials, up to 100
- *Have the mental ability to distinguish the differences between various
brands of PLCs, as well as, a working knowledge of the varying
wiring/installation requirements for individual module brands (i.e. Modicon,
Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.), as well as AutoCAD software.
- *Be capable of performing the task assigned to the Automation department
in excess of 20 times daily for a minimum of 8 hours daily, without back
- *Have an exceptional knowledge of how a programmable controller operates
so that he may properly determine the correct voltage inputs and outputs for
each module, material identification, etc. He must be able to connect and
perform the subsequent testing of the control panel and make the proper
adjustments as required.
- Have the mental ability to compare job order requisitions to inventory
in stock and to utilize a bill of materials as a means to advise the
Warehouse Foreman of any shortages.
You can either fax your
application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it off
at the main Odessa Office.